Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'm going to Kosovo!

It has been quite some time since I have used this blog to discuss my poetry, but the other day I was officially notified that along with New Orleans poet Dave Brinks, I have been invited by the Writers' League of Kosovo (Lidhja e Shkrimtarëve e Kosovës) to represent the United States at Drini Poetik, an international poetry festival in Prizren, Kosovo on June 9th and 10th.

I do not know the full details yet, but I expect to have much to report after I return.

Special thanks to Lediana Stillo, who translated several of my poems into Albanian and without whom none of this would be possible.

2 comments:

Chad Parenteau said...

Congrats, Ian. I haven't mentioned it yet, but I'll be going with you in spirit, withing the pages of the anthology you'll be published in.

Ian Thal said...

I'll be writing dispatches while there, so you can be there vicariously as well as spiritually, Chad!