Saturday, February 20, 2010

Some Clips from "Errors of Eros"

I was invited to co-host massmouth's "Errors of Eros" story slam as part of a new initiative to build connections between practitioners of different performing arts. The idea is that each event would be co-hosted by a seasoned storyteller (in this case, Laura Packer) and a guest, which this particular evening was yours truly, representing physical theatre and playwriting.

For me, the evening was a great opportunity to step out of both my usual repertoire and usual idioms. There was also some good rapport that developed between Laura and myself over the course of the show, but a lot of that was lost because only one mic was being recorded. Still, I learned a great deal, most notably to stop wearing loose fitting shirts with horizontal stripes.

And now a story about how I learnt that I was a very simple man who wants the same thing over and over again:

Find more videos like this on massmouth The Power of Story


Doria Hughes, who served as our tally counter, dubbed this clip "Ian Parses a Sentence!":

Find more videos like this on massmouth The Power of Story


And now, for the story of how I entered the performing arts:

Find more videos like this on massmouth The Power of Story

I swear: all of these errors of eros are from at least a decade ago! I'm a much better person now!

No comments: