Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Gig Leads to Another

After the briefly lived fame that my account of the Salem show drew from the blogosphere, a more tangible consequence came.

My old friend, Chad Parenteau noted that since I had "been touring around a bit, " that he was inviting me to perform at Stone Soup Poetry the long-lived poetry venue that he has been hosting for the past few years.

The feature spot at a poetry venue seems like an ideal avenue to present a short theatrical work like Arlecchino Am Ravenous without it counting as a professional production. Besides, it's hard to refuse a guy who compared Cosmic Spelunker Theater to the Beatles.

The date is set for March 23 at 8pm at the Out of the Blue Art Gallery.

2 comments:

Chad Parenteau said...

You're never gonna let me forget that statement. Then again, I don't blame you.

Ian Thal said...

Chad,

The question is, if you're Lorne Michaels, which Beatle am I?

I'll have a graphic for the flyer soon.