Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 15: Witch City Poetry Presents Su Red and Ian Thal

Sunday, February 15th, 6:30pm - 9:30pm:

I'll be performing as half of a double feature at the Gulu-Gulu Café in Salem, Massachusetts as part of the Witch City Poetry series hosted by Ryan Travis. The other half of the feature will be Su Red who, I am told, will be reading erotic poetry.

I will be performing Arlecchino Am Ravenous along with three or four shorter pieces from my repertoire. Mostly touching on my usual topics of trains, super-heroes, mysticism, memory, Greek mythology, and jazz--most certainly including "A Child's Trip Through the Underworld" which Doug Holder once called a "...a Whitmanesque romp through Brooklyn..."

I created a Facebook page for the event if you happen to like using that service.

Gulu-Gulu Café
247 Essex Street
Salem, MA


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Ian Thal said...

There's been a change in the bill. Su Red has cancelled. I will still be performing.

Ian Thal said...

The story about what happened once I arrived at the Gulu-Gulu Café is told here.